christinareadsya

Christina Reads YA

"A children's story which is enjoyed only by children is a bad children's story. The good ones last." --C.S. Lewis

Christina Makes the Bookish Rounds (76)

Christina Makes the Bookish Rounds is a feature that will let you know about recent MG/YA/NA book related news. I'll post about articles from the publishing industry, cover reveals, discussions from fellow bloggers, the latest tv/movie news, and giveaways that you're hosting. If you would like to follow along with cover reveals during the week, see my Pinterest.

Two weeks worth & long!

Publishing:
Rights Report 1, 2, 3:
  • The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora - Pablo Cartaya (MG novel tells the story of a seventh-grader trying to save his late abuela's restaurant and win the affection of the beautiful Carmen using arroz con pollo and a little Jose Martí poetry. Epic Fail is slated for spring 2017; Viking).
  • Marcus Vega Doesn't Speak Spanish - Pablo Cartaya (MG novel follows a school bully and his special needs brother as they head to Puerto Rico over spring break to find their estranged father. Marcus Vega... to follow in spring 2018; Viking).
  • A sequel to the middle-grade adventure Loot - Judy Blundell under the name Jude Watson (It's a heist novel about a group of the world's youngest criminal masterminds. Loot was recently optioned by Will Smith's production company and is in development as a feature film. Publication of the untitled sequel is scheduled for spring 2016; Scholastic).
  • Touch Me Not - Stacey Lee (In the new contemporary YA novel, a 16-year-old aromateur with an extraordinary nose, the last in a long line of love witches, scrambles to reverse the effects of a love elixir after giving it to the wrong target – all while trying not to fall for the woman's attractive son. Publication is set for fall 2016; Katherine Tegen Books).
  • Beast - Brie Spangler (a modern YA retelling of “Beauty and the Beast” in which the tallest, hairiest boy in town meets and falls for his dream girl, who also happens to be transgender. The book is slated for fall 2016; Knopf).
  • Weaving a Net is Better Than Praying for Fish - Ki-Wing Merlin (about a first-generation Chinese-American girl navigating school and classmates while concealing secrets from friends and family, who must learn to rely on others to catch the thief when her father's store is robbed. Publication is scheduled for fall 2016; Balzer + Bray).
  • The Boy Who Knew Too Much - Romily Bernard, to be written under a pseudonym (The middle-grade story follows a boy who steals a train and is sent to reform school, only to discover that a machine in the basement is cloning students to become model citizens. Publication is slated for winter 2017; Disney-Hyperion).
  • The Imagination Box - Martyn Ford (contemporary middle-grade adventure about a boy who discovers a box that can make the things he imagines become real, and who has to keep this box from getting into the wrong hands with the help of a professor, his granddaughter, and a finger monkey named Phil. Publication is set for summer 2016; Delacorte).
  • The Evil Wizard Smallbone - Delia Sherman (a middle-grade novel about a boy who, escaping his abusive uncle, becomes the unwilling apprentice of an evil wizard in the wilds of the Maine coast. It's slated for publication in fall 2016; Candlewick).
  • Standard Operating Procedures - Erin Teagan (Debut MG in which genius-scientist-in-the-making Madeline Little starts middle school and soon learns science doesn't have all the answers – and that it's now up to her to discover the cure for her newly messed-up life. Publication is scheduled for fall 2016; HMH).
  • House of Stone - Len Vlahos (The novel explores the right-to-die issue and the voyeuristic underbelly of reality TV, seen through the lens of a family in turmoil. Publication is slated for winter 2017; Bloomsbury).
  • Worthy - Donna Cooner (about a girl and boy whose relationship is wrecked by a malicious dating app that makes them question friends, popularity, and self-image. Publication is set for 2016; Scholastic).
  • The Distance from A to Z - Natalie Blitt (a YA contemporary romance about a teen named Abby who goes to a French-language intensive summer program to escape her baseball-loving family, only to meet Zeke, the baseball-playing jock who may have more in common with her than she thinks. Publication is scheduled for winter 2015; HarperCollins).
  • The Dam Keeper - Robert Kondo (l.) and Dice Tsutsumi, who created the short (two graphic novels for young readers based on the Oscar-nominated animated short + 3rd novel. The books will pick up after the close of the film and reveal the secrets behind the dark cloud that threatens Pig and Fox's town. Publication is scheduled for 2016; First Second Books).
  • Chameleon - Ellen Hopkins (Focuses on a teen who has to come to terms with the fact that her ex-military father abducted her when she was a very small child; though she thought her mother had abandoned her, she had been searching for her the whole time. Publication is scheduled for fall 2016. McElderry Books).
  • The Secret Language of Sisters - Luanne Rice (adult author’s YA debut pitched as The Diving Bell and the Butterfly meets If I Stay. In the novel a girl enters a coma-like state after a car accident where she is “locked-in,” aware of her surroundings and realizes her sister, who was texting while driving, blames herself for the accident. Publication is slated for 2016; Scholastic).
  • #famous - Jilly Gagnon (debut about a girl who tweets a photo of a cute boy that suddenly goes viral, à la Alex from Target, setting off a chain of events that forces them both to question whether fame – and love – are worth the price. Publication is set for summer 2017; Katherine Tegen Books).
  • The Art of Scorpions - Erin Bow (In a world 400 years in the future, the UN assures world peace by keeping the children of rulers hostage. Go to war, and the kids die. And Greta's country is about to go to war. How can a hostage break all the rules and re-make her world? It's scheduled for fall 2015; S&S/McElderry).
  • Spirit Hunters - Ellen Oh (the story of a 12-year-old girl who must save her younger brother from the dangerous spirit who has possessed him, with the help of her ghost best friend and her grandmother's shaman training. Publication is slated for winter 2017; HarperCollins).
  • Die for You - Amy Fellner Dominy (about 17-year-old Emma Lorde, whose beloved may do more than just steal her heart when Emma is offered an internship in Rome. Publication is set for fall 2016; Delacorte).
  • Relic - Gretchen McNeil (which had previously sold to Egmont USA. The novel follows a group of teens who, while exploring an abandoned mine, accidentally unleash a creature that is systematically killing off everyone who knows of its existence, and cannibalizing the bodies. HarperCollins/EpicReads Impulse).
  • Blood, Bullets and Bones: The Story of Forensic Science from Sherlock Holmes to DNA - Bridget Heos (Aimed at those who are obsessed with shows like CSI and Dexter, the book offers a history of the modern science of forensics. It's scheduled for winter 2016; Balzer + Bray).
  • Such Courage: Polio and the Making of Franklin Roosevelt - James Tobin (a middle-grade biography focusing on FDR's triumph over polio. Publication is slated for fall 2016; Henry Holt's Christy Ottaviano Books).
  • Baskerville Academy - Ridley Pearson (The MG trilogy chronicles young James Moriarty's descent into evil and the origins of his rivalry with his roommate, Sherlock Holmes. The first title is scheduled for publication in September 2016; HarperCollins).
  • Magnificent Mya Tibbs - Crystal Allen (MG series about a fourth grader who defeats her best frenemy and saves the school “bully.” The first book, Spirit Week Showdown, is set for winter 2016; Balzer + Bray).
  • The Serpent's Promise - Breeana Shields (debut YA fantasy set in an alternate world based on the mythology of ancient India, in which a girl has been trained since birth as a “poison maiden” in the Raja's service. When she is ordered to kill a boy she has feelings for, she begins to question not only her role but the Raja's end game. Publication is scheduled for 2017; Random House).
  • Wildman - J.C. Geiger (Debut; the story of what happens when a valedictorian's carefully planned life goes off the rails when his car breaks down 400 miles from home, stranding him at a roadhouse where a run-in with the police, a new group of friends, and a girl cause him to confront the expectations of others. It's slated for summer 2016; Disney-Hyperion)/
  • The Loose Ends List - Carrie Firestone (a debut novel about a teenage girl's whirlwind summer of first loves, last wishes, and letting go, while traveling around the world for her grandmother's last hurrah on a cruise ship for terminally ill patients and their loved ones. Publication is set for spring 2016; Little, Brown).
  • Journey of the Iron Glory - Jaleigh Johnson (the story of an impossible journey, a mysterious stowaway, and a magical world. It's slated for 2017; Delacorte).
From two weeks ago:
  • Stef Soto, Taco Queen - Jennifer Torres (a debut coming-of-age story about a 13-year-old Mexican-American girl who, embarrassed by her family's taco truck business, hopes to break free from her overprotective parents. Publication is slated for fall 2016. Little, Brown).
Book trailers: The Start of Me and You - Emery Lord, The Honest Truth - Dan Geimenhart, Zeroboxer - Fonda Lee, Character (Laia) trailer for An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir, The Wrong Side of Right - Jenn Thorne

Excerpts: More Happy than Not - Adam Silvera, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli, Fear Street: Don’t Stay up Late - R.L. Stine, Shadow Scale - Rachel Hartman, Liars Inc - Paula Stokes, The Heir - Kiera Cass

Authors: The Alex Crow - Andrew Smith, Hold Me Closer - David Levithan, Vendetta - Catherine Doyle, South by Southeast - Gail Shephard, Storyspinner - Becky Wallace, Mosquitoland - David Arnold, David Levithan, Greg Pizzoli

Awards: the Lamba Literary award finalists were announced. As were the 2015 SCWBI Golden Kite award finalists. As were the LA Times Book prize finalists. And Amazon named its top teen books of March. And the Carnegie and Kate Greenaway shortlist was announced too.

Don’t forget to vote for the teen book of the year from CCBC! Lasts until May 3rd.

To me it’s kind of interesting to look at what U.S. agencies will be taking to sell with them at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair. I actually recognized some of the titles being published this year, and for y’all international folks, these books stand the best chance (probably, I’d guess) of being translated into your languages.

So, Andrew Smith’s interview in which he said he didn’t know how to write women caused a little bit of drama. Another interview with Andrew Smith. Tessa Gratton’s response, Chuck Wendig’s response, Shannon Hale’s response, Phoebe North’s response, and many more you can find elsewhere...

Like I said, always going to try and post about diverse books in here now. How Finding a Fat YA Heroine Changed My Life(the only one who the writer forgets is Molly Weasley, who is plump but kind; but I do agree with the general sentiment that HP falls prey to the “fat” bully stereotype). How to Teach Your Kids about Diversity through Books (aka the best way!). How the 2015 ALA YMG awards are changing the landscape of recognition in kidlit (+ a piece here from SLJ on a similar topic). Don’t forget that there’s a short story contest from WNDB for an unpublished diverse author in late April. And Lee and Low discusses the diversity gap in children’s publishing.

And remember how Malinda Lo exposed the flack that diverse books get from literary journals (the series: perspectives on literary reviews of diverse books - something like that title)? There’s a series about “anonymous book reviews” at SLJ.

A brief summary of the North Texas Teen Book Festival.

Omg omg omg *drools* over YALLWEST Panel schedule.

omg omg omg *drools* over Maya Angelou Forever stamp.

Kids book sales are SOARING. Yaaaaaaaaaas. More books for us!

Sad news: Mal Peet & Terry Pratchett passed away. And an article on celebrating the legacy of Walter Dean Myers.

Seventeen Magazine and Harlequin Teen are partnering together: “Under the agreement, the Harlequin TEEN imprint will publish four original Seventeen novels in hard cover and eBook formats. Seventeen Books from Harlequin Teen will focus on multi-dimensional and empowered fictional female characters and explore topics and situations that authentically reflect the challenges and joys of being a teenager today…”

First Book and Unbound Concepts are also teaming up.

So are James Patterson and Scholastic, with the hope of saving libraries.

And Scholastic signed a deal with Universal about books and movies.

Are you enthusiastically anticipating a.) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda or b.) An Ember in the Ashes? Check out the insider’s look articles from PW!

Kids don’t want their parents to stop reading aloud to them, according to a national survey. And hey, I wouldn’t want them to either; nor would I want these astronauts to stop reading aloud to me too. Raising kids who want to read: a Q&A.

This seems like a controversial article that I’m not sure how to interpret: Are US and UK children’s publishers getting stale?Apparently international markets are turning elsewhere for books.

BUT PROBABLY MY FAVORITE ARTICLE THIS WEEK BECAUSE THIS IS HILARIOUS…. is how J.K. Rowling’s publishers managed to keep the HP books secret. A computer with no internet among other things -- I really want this bibliography now o.O.

You remember that uproar over Shannon Hale’s post about the boys who weren’t allowed to attend her school talk - or rather, it was assumed that they would not want to. Here’s a summary of that + other times when boys have not been allowed to like girls books.

Cover Reveals:

(this was probably revealed before, but I searched my archives and didn’t find it here, so).
(this too might be an old cover, I don’t remember)

Discussion/Other Blogger Posts:

omg omg omg *drools* over beautiful libraries.

Looking to introduce feminist books to younger readers? Look no further! Some more empowering books to add to young girl’s shelves. And 12 books that will turn you into a feminist at any age & top 10 feminist icons in children’s and teens books& Teen opinion: how books turned me into a feminist. Yay, Women’s History month!

In addition to Women’s History month… Mental Health Awareness: Portraying Teenage Depression in YA, Writing about Grief, I Wrote a Book about a Sad Girl.

Have you ever wondered how to get teens more interested in politics? Maybe through these books!

This Is For Everyone Who Thinks Snape Is a Hero: yes, this article perfectly sums up my feelings about Snape and why I do not understand some of the Snape love. He was such a jerk for no reason. Don’t romanticize that, please.

But to ease that criticism… which hogwarts professor would be your mentor? D’aww, Lupin? YAY. You got: Professor Lupin (Like your mentor, you love teaching and helping others as much as you love learning. You don’t put as much value in grades as you do in the simple joy of broadening your own horizons, so you need a mentor who’s going to help you beyond the restrictions of a curriculum.).

26 Contemporary Books That Should Be Taught in High School. I like the mix of adult and YA books there - yay for lists that are actually doing that!

OMG WHUT. Yes, do this Scotland! Issue children library cards from birth!

Lol, weapons of Mass Instruction.

Bookish says these are the best Spring YA novels. You agree?

Are you excited for the Insurgent movie?!

Book Nerd Struggles: yep, yep, yep. Plus irrational fears book lovers have.

Did these books grab YOU from page one?

iTunes named its 20 best books of March, with some YA picks.

Lots of recommendations today: 7 Fairy Tales That Seriously Need YA Retellings (aka this post proves to me how few fairy tales I actually know); Find Your Happily Ever After With These 7 YA Cinderella Retellings (specific categories like this make me realize that I may not have read as many books as I thought I had); 7 Great YAs about Best Friendship (Under the Painted Sky & Open Road Summer, I’m coming for you… eventually); 7 Best YA Novels Set on Other Planets and the Moon(NGL, didn’t even realize that there were that many, or that Patrick Ness’s novel was set elsewhere); 6 Perfect Pairings of YAS with Classic Teen Movies (the breakfast club!); These Unlikable YA Heroines LOL at Your Concern, Quietly Plot Your Destruction (I loved Bleeding Violet and Cracked Up to Be); 5 Real Women Whose Lives Should Inspire YA Novels (I did not know that about J.K. Rowling and her father…); The Best Dragons in YA (one day I will read Eon/Eona); 4 Great YAs about Cults and Communes (I remember reading an excerpt of Vivian and loving it); 7 Books for T-Swift Fans: What to Read Based On Your Favorite Song From 1989 (time for me to actually listen to all of 1989); 6 of the Best YA Outsider Stories (isn’t this most of YA?); 7 Great Works of Diverse Historical Fiction (another NYE resolution: read more historical fiction); We Love These 6 YA Books Set in Outer Space (interestingly enough I’ve read 4/6, though I’d only like 1/7 on the other planets list. Hmmm…)

Which of these March books have you read?

Have you ever used weird things for bookmarks? I’m LOLing a bit at the spoon and yet I too have used tissues and various other objects… o.o

ARE YOU THE NEXT SYMBOL OF A YA REBELLION? 7 signs, people. 7 signs. Watch your backs!

The 18 Most Beautiful YA Endpapers in the World. o.o o.o why do I not have these books now! I think I vaguely remember Bitterblue looking like that…

Lol a twitter account dedicated to the Broody YA hero? Yes.

I wrote a few discussions recently: a.) that I am terrible at following through with reading lists & b.) that my reading tastes and experiences are not what I wish they were sometimes.

Blogging:
Tips/Support/Advice:
** Rita at Blog Genie: The 3 Things Readers Need to Trust Your Personal Brand
** Rita at Blog Genie: How 1 Day Every Three Months Can Transform Your Productivity
** Rachel at Parajunkee: How to Set Up Social Media Icons on Your Blog
** Hannah at So Obsessed With: My Foxy Dory and Other Favorites!
** Hannah at So Obsessed With: 4 Tips To Channel Your Creativity
** Rachel at Parajunkee: Social Media Infographic
** Stephanie at These Paper Hearts: Free and Affordable Fonts
** Ashley at Nose Graze: How to Start a Blog - Begin by Finding Your Focus
** Ashley at Nose Graze: What’s on My Dashboard?
** Ashley at Nose Graze: Getting Involved in a Community Will Help You Start Your Blog
** Ashley at Nose Graze: Google Analytics Tell You When a Post Goes Viral
** Cassie at The Casserole: How to Save Time with Buffer

Blogging and Bloggers:
** Chyna at Lite-Rate-Ture: Renaming Your Blog
** Tanja at Ja Ĩitam, a ti?: Memes
** Josephine at Word Revel: Redundant RSS Feeds
** Amber at The Mile Long Bookshelf: Is It Dishonest to Schedule Posts in Advance?
** Carrie at The Mad Reviewer: “Book Bloggers are Ugly” plus other weird search terms
** Kelly at Effortlessly Reading: Trading for ARCs

Recommendations, Ratings, Reviews, Authors, ARCs:
** Allie at Little Birdie Books: Why Five Stars Mean Different Things for Different Books
** Kara at Diary of a Teen Writer: Do You Find It Easier to Write Negative Reviews?
** Rebecca at The Library Canary: So You Like Fantasy? Get Ready to Hurt Your TBR
** Jamie at the Perpetual Page-Turner: Is It the Author’s Job?
** Kimberly at Stacked Books: Booklist: Synthesia in Middle Grade

** Guest Post at The Thousand Lives: Andi’s Opinion on Re-reads
** Debby at Snuggly Oranges: I Read for Characters
** Lili at Lili’s Reflections: The Curse of Being a Mood Reader
** Lauren at Love Is Not a Triangle: Reading Brain Check-In
** Lisa at Read. Breathe. Relax.: How Do You Know When a Book is “The One?”
** Pam at [YA]Escape From Reality: Delay Reading the Second Book?
** Terri at Starlight Book Reviews: Do You Skip Songs When You Read?
** Pixie at Great Imaginations: Nooks and Crannies
** Ana at Read Me Away: Reading Updates

Characters, Trends, and Romance:
** Sophie at A Daydreamer’s World: On Living Happily Ever After
** Jamie at the Perpetual Page-Turner: The Thing I Regret Not Having
** Jen at YA Romantics: Cover Trends: Rainbow Bright and Exploding Flowers
** Sarah at Workaday Reads: Do You Need to be a Romantic to Enjoy Romance Books?
** Sandra at Tea Between Books: The Relation Between Being Likable and Relatable
** Asti at Oh, The Books!: Where’s My Ugly At?
** Mitchii at Aeropapers: The Thing about Cliches
** Cait at Paper Fury: Do You Visualize Character Faces?

Book Buying and/or Receiving:
** Alice at Of Books: I Have No Self-Control.
** Kim at YA Asylum: How Often Do You Buy Books?
** Anne at Lovely Literature: When Your Co-Blogger Moves Away, You Get Books
** Bec at Readers in Wonderland: How to Get New Books without Spending a Dime

Books, Books, Books:
** Jessi at Novel Heartbeat: Bookish Pet Names
** Ceilidhann at Bibliodaze: Which Terry Pratchett Books You Should Really Read
** Julie at Chapter Break: What Books Would You Love to Read for the First Time?.
** Carmel at Rabid Reads: What Do You Do With Your ‘Read’ Books?
** Alicia at a Kernel of Nonsense: eBooks vs. Print.
** Kayla at The Thousand Lives: Those Books That Changed My Life
** Annie at the Runaway Reader: Making Harry Potter Wands
** Anya at On Starships & Dragonwings: Books to Read at a Hospital
** Emz at Paging Serenity: What’s Considered Proper Book Signing Etiquette?
** Genevieve at The Reading Shelf: Why We Need “Bad” Diverse Books
** Rachel at Parajunkee: Snarky Tees Book Lovers Should Wear
** Chiara at Books for a Delicate Eternity: Mine, Mine, Mine
** Jen at The Starry-Eyed Revue: Let’s Talk #Shelfies
** Gaby & Lisa at Bookish Broads: Books That Will Make Us Flail With You
** Kelley at Oh, The Books!: Why Books and Cats are the Perfect Companions

Andrew Smith:
** Ceilidhann at Bibliodaze: On Andrew Smith and the Othering of Our Gender
** Kelly at Stacked Books: 24 Thoughts on Sexism, Feminism, YA, Reading, and The Publishing Industry
** Shae at Shae Has Left the Room: Andrew Smith - What Is and Isn’t Happening

Contemporary Novels:
** Aimee at Deadly Darlings: Five Things I Can Relate to in Contemporary Novels
** Bieke at Istyria Book Blog: Why I Love YA Contemporary
** Nara at Looking for the Panacea: Don’t Dismiss the Fluff

Movies/TV Shows:

Lots and lots of Insurgent videos I missed, y’all: differences between Insurgent and Divergent, Tris gets a lesson from Octavia Spencer, “Train,” “You and Me,” “Perfect Subject,” “All Star Cast,” “Phenomenon,” “Be Different,” “Break Free,” “Go With Happiness,” and “Risk Everything.” The IMAX poster for Insurgent was revealed. An interview with VRoth on Insurgent too.

Anna Carey’s Blackbird has been optioned.

So has Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh.

The BFG movie is moving forward.

The first images from The Maze Runner: the Scorch Trials were released by People Magazine. And some more from EW. And T.S. Nowlin has been hired to write the screenplay for The Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

Allison Janney is joining the adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. And… so is Dame Judi Dench. Wowza, that movie is pulling some BIG actors.

The first Paper Towns poster was released. The movie will be pushed back to July 24th but the Alaska movie is looking like it might happen. Here are the first images from the movie and the first trailer.

Beauty and the Beast will be released on March 17, 2017.

Awesome perspectives on YA movies… why YA movies will never die out + how YA books have changed the meaning of teen movie. And another on the Duff, suggesting that it has the most interesting take on cyberbulling that writer has watched in a while.

And a movie called Home was apparently a kids book too.

Giveaways:

Adventures in Children's Publishing giveaways: 03/22, 03/24, 03/30, 04/06, 04/13

Giveaways listed at Saturday Situation by Lori of Pure Imagination and Candace of Candace's Book Blog.

Don't forget to enter YABC's giveaways for the month.

Sci-fi and Fantasy Friday {SF/F Reviews and Giveaways}.

The Cake House by Latifah Salom, ends 03/31.

4 Year Blogoversary giveaway, INT & US, ends 04/15.

If you have a giveaway, you should let me know. NGL, this is the least important section to me.

Other:

New Releases:

March 8 - 14: The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows, The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith, Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles #2) by Lauren DeStefano, Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver, Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman, The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise by Matthew Crow, The Dickens Mirror (Dark Passage #2) by Ilsa J. Bick, Tether (Many Worlds #2) by Anna Jarzab, The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2) by Lori M. Lee, Silent Alarm by Jennifer Brash,Everybody Knows Your Name by Andrea Siegel and Brent Bradshaw, Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy, Little Peach by Peggy Kern, Rivals in the City (The Agency #4) by Y. S. Lee, Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles, In a Split Second by Sophie McKenzie.

March 15 - 21: Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan, The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne,Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee, A Work of Art by Melody Maysonet, Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay,Pretty Wanted (Pretty Crooked #3) by Elisa Ludwig, This Is Shyness by Leanne Hall, Duplicity by N.K. Traver.

Recent Recommended Reads: You can read my review of Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman or my review of Magonia by Maria Headley.

Which articles did you like best? Did I miss any news? Did you host a cover reveal or discussion that I should have posted about? A giveaway? Leave the links, and I'll either edit this post or post about 'em next week.